SUTURELESS VALVE PROSTHESIS
Recent technological developments have led to an alternative option which avoids the placement and tying of sutures, known as “sutureless” or rapid deployment aortic valves
- Based on the Carpentier-Edwards PERIMOUNT Magna Ease aortic valve
- A stented tri-leaflet bovine pericardial bioprosthesis (the Magna valve platform)
- A balloon expandable, cloth-covered stent frame deployed at the inflow tract.
- The valve is positioned supra-annularly using three guiding sutures.
- The sutures are tied, and the aortotomy closed following frame expansion with a balloon catheter