SUTURELESS VALVE PROSTHESIS
Recent technological developments have led to an alternative option which avoids the placement and tying of sutures, known as “sutureless” or rapid deployment aortic valves
Perceval 3D Animation
- Based on the Carpentier-Edwards PERIMOUNT Magna Ease aortic valve
- A stented tri-leaflet bovine pericardial bioprosthesis (the Magna valve platform)
- A balloon expandable, cloth-covered stent frame deployed at the inflow tract.
- The valve is positioned supra-annularly using three guiding sutures.
- The sutures are tied, and the aortotomy closed following frame expansion with a balloon catheter